Reports & Documentation Focused on Verizon NY
- Explosive, New Unredacted Report by CA Commission about AT&T California Corroborates IRREGULATORS Call to Investigate Billions of Cross Subsidies.
- Charter, (Spectrum) Altice (Optimum) and Verizon’s FiOS Cable TV Franchises Expired in New York City. Do Not Renew but Investigate — Finally. (Alprazolam)
- READ: Why We Requested an Investigation of Verizon NY 2019 Annual Report.
- READ: What Is Verizon Afraid of? REDACTED XXX Opens Pandora’s Box.
We also filed at the FCC and in NY State to start investigations.
- On June 30th, 2020, the IRREGULATORS filed comments calling for investigations. Verizon also has ‘redacted’ (hid) some basic information and we are requesting this information is restored – and expanded on.
- On August 5th, 2020 we also filed with the FCC in the $9 billion 5G plan, pointing out that the FCC never examined the wireless cross-subsidies.
- SCORE: Verizon NY Settlement: Fiber Optics to Underserved Areas; Repair of the State Utility Networks — with an Assist from the IRREGULATORS. –– While other groups talk, our groups helped to create an investigation with a settlement estimated at $300-500 million and 30000+ lines of fiber, July 2018
- 2012, “Verizon’s State-Based Financial Issues & Tax Losses: The Destruction of America’s Telecommunications Utilities” where we called for an investigation of Verizon’s financials and the cross-subsidies of its affiliate companies.
- 2013 Verizon Wireless and the Other Verizon Affiliate Companies Are Harming Verizon New York’s (The State-based Utility) Customers & the State.
- 2013 Investigation of Verizon Wireline and Wireless Companies Business Relations by the New York State Commission — COMMENTS filed by Common Cause–NY, Consumer Union, CWA and the Fire Island Association Call for an Data from New Networks research reports.
- 2014 “It’s All Interconnected” published by Public Utility Law Project, PULP, with David Bergmann, Esq.
Note: Current Investigation of Verizon New York’s business practices.
Fixing Telecom Series
December, 2015, we released the first two reports in a new series, “Fixing Telecom” a project that started 7 years ago. They are based on mostly public, but un-examined information, the findings impacts all wireline and wireless phone, broadband, Internet and even cable TV/video services in America.
- NNI Expert Independent Team: NNI is now a consortium of independent experts, auditors and lawyers.
- Report 1: Executive Summary: Verizon’s Manipulated Financial Accounting & the FCC’s Big “Freeze”
- Report 2: Full Data Report
- Report 3: SPECIAL REPORT How Municipalities and the States can Fund Fiber Optic Wireline and Wireless Broadband Networks.
- REPORT 4: Data Report Proving Verizon’s Wireline Networks Diverted Capex for Wireless Deployments Instead of Wiring Municipalities, and Charged Local Phone Customers for It.
- Report 5: The Hartman Memorandum
- Report 6: The History & Rules of Setting Phone Rates in America —The FCC’s ‘Big Freeze’ & Cross Subsidies
On December 16th, 2015, we filed the first reports in 31 separate FCC proceedings.
Joint Filings with Consumer Federation of America
- Joint Filings with Consumer Federation of America in the Special Access, (Business Data Services) proceeding
Filings New York PSC
- Case 13-C-0197 Request To Investigate Claims That Verizon’s Wireless Product, Voice Link,Was Not Created For Replacing Damaged Lines But As “Home Phone Connect” to Replace Copper Lines Since 2010, with Alexander Goldman, November 18th, 2013
- Case 14-M-0183 – Comcast /Time Warner Cable Merger, NNI testimony, June 19, 2014,
- Case 14-C-0370
- In the Matter of a Study on the State of Telecom in NY State.
- Connect New York Coalition Petition
- Reports Expose Verizon NY’s Financial Shell Game and the NYPSC’s Role. February 22, 2016
- CASE 14-C-0370 TELECOM STUDY TECHNICAL CONFERENCE PANEL 2 – The Status and Adequacy of Advanced Broadband System. February 24, 2016
- Case 14-C-0370 Comments Related to the NY Public Service Commission’s Report “Staff Assessment of Telecommunications Services”. October 21, 2015
- Case 14-C-0370 Comments by Public Utility Law Project, PULP: “It’s All Interconnected” report by NNI attached.