COME TO OUR INAUGURAL EMERGENCY MEETUP:
7:00pm-9PM, April 25th, 2017 — NYC, click for details
Location: Essen, 519 8th Avenue, New York
We have just formed a new group: IRREGULATORS (and we are hosting the new Meetup): At the core are retired and semi-retired communications experts, lawyers, and forensic auditors who are former senior staffers from the FCC, state advocate and Attorneys General Office, or x-telco employees and consultants.
We’re back and we will be taking proactive legal and regulatory actions, including taking the FCC to court, among other activities. It’s time to stand up to the bullies.
Why: The situation is out of control: On April 20th, 2017, the FCC laid out a series of harmful policy next steps which need to be blocked and appealed– and the clock is ticking. The FCC’s overall plan is to remove customer protections, all obligations and regulations on the phone and cable companies — Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Spectrum, etc. This FCC let them sell your browsing history, track you on all devices, or let them raise your rates at will. Worse, there will be no requirement to provide or fix your service or even make sure that there is serious competition — and it is going to get a lot worse and this problem is happening across America.
And like the harmful immigration law that was stopped by the courts, and at this point, there are few options to stop the corporate takeover of the FCC, and the harms to the American public. (How bad is it? The new head of the FCC Consumer Affairs division is a former top lobbyist for Charter cable.)
Targets: (Note: We are not making public specific plans, but are glad to discuss next steps with interested parties.)
- Bring Back Privacy and Save Net Neutrality: The FCC with Congress have blocked new privacy rules and are planning on eliminating “Net Neutrality”.
- EXPOSE Whamming (Wireless Overcharging) & Digital Stalking: See Video:
- Go after the FCC’s data services decision: The FCC just ‘deregulated’ business data services; it will raise rates on all communications services, including wireless.
- Can’t get high-speed broadband, even in NYC or NY State? Verizon is being sued by NYC for not upgrading the City 100%, but that’s not enough. Start ups and small businesses were never included in the original franchise agreements.
- Stop the FCC-Verizon Plan to shut off copper-based services throughout the states, even if there is no ‘substitute’.